This morning, we woke up to the news that a terrible tragedy occurred last night in Las Vegas, NV. A lone shooter, using an outlawed automatic weapon, shot hundreds of people attending a country music concert there. As the day has gone on, we have discovered that at least 58 people have been killed and over 500 sought assistance at local hospitals. Untold numbers will have been traumatized.
The Mayor of the City of Las Vegas will hold a prayer vigil at the Las Vegas City Hall tonight at 5:00 P.M. PDT. It is open to the public at 495 S. Main St., Las Vegas, NV, 89101 #prayforLasVegas. Consider joining with them in prayer from wherever you are in the nation: 5:00 P.M. PDT/ 6:00 P.M. MDT/ 7:00 P.M. CDT/ 8:00 P.M. EDT.
We are in a season in America that is chaotic and dangerous. The Lord showed Chuck Pierce and me (Cindy) that hard times were ahead for a while. Also, the Apostolic Council of Prophetic Elders, which met together last November, saw upheaval across the nation in the year following our national elections, but we really had no way of knowing how challenging it would be or what the nature of the danger would be. When the Lord gives prophetic words like this, He has a reason to warn us. Primarily, He would have us be watchful and positioned on the walls to pray. We believe our actions of intercession can minimize the effect of what is coming against us.
God gave Chuck Pierce a word while at the White House in late May that we were entering 10 months of struggle and difficulty, even war, that would be followed by 3 years of great success and progress. This season of difficulty should end in late February, on or about 2/22/2018. This is a helpful window that we need to pay attention to and we need to take action!
Other situations that we are still dealing with as a nation are:
• The aftermath of Hurricane Harvey, which devastated Rockport and Port Aransas, TX, while flooding Houston, Beaumont, Port Arthur, Orange, and other areas from the southeast coast of Texas into Louisiana. This resulted in the largest economic loss due to a natural disaster that our nation has ever had.
• The aftermath of Hurricane Irma, which flooded the southern coasts of Florida, causing massive destruction to the Keys and many islands of the Caribbean.
• The desolation of Puerto Rico, a U.S. Territory. Puerto Rico was devastated, as was the U.S. Virgin Islands, another territory of the United States. We can't imagine the ruin on these islands. Many places have no water or electricity. Roads collapsed or fell apart and help can't get through.
We also recently faced massive wildfires in the Pacific Northwest, in California, Idaho, and Montana. At our recent Reformation Prayer Network's annual gathering, we asked God to send the rain and snow to halt the fires. Within two days, the rain and snow began across the entire region and the fires that had raged for months ended. This shows the power of corporate intercession!
In addition to natural disasters, the prophets felt that there may be violent protests this year. So far, largely due to many groups' ongoing 24/7 prayer, these activities have been minimal with only a small amount of damage. However, I strongly feel that God is still warning us that danger lies ahead. I feel Him calling us to get on the walls to pray, and to act as peacemakers wherever and whenever we can.
"As for me, I look to the Lord for help. I wait confidently for God to save me, and my God will certainly hear me." (Micah 7:7; NLT)
Join Mike and me in prayer:
• Pray for the families and friends of those who lost their lives in the Las Vegas shooting. "Blessed are those who mourn, for they shall be comforted." (Matthew 5:4; NIV)
• Ask the Lord to heal those who were wounded or traumatized. Pray that God would heal them completely from their physical injuries and the memories of the moment. Include the performers and the stage crew. "He heals the brokenhearted and binds up their wounds" (Psalm 147:3; ESV).
• Intercede for the healers: the emergency responders, the doctors, nurses, and counselors. Ask God to increase their skill.
• Pray that local and federal law enforcement agencies will work well together to quickly find out exactly what happened.
• Ask the Lord to make supernatural ways for disaster relief to get where it needs to go in areas hit by the hurricanes: the Texas Gulf Coast, Florida's southern coast, the Florida Keys, U.S. Virgin Islands and, the most important current need, in Puerto Rico.
• Intercede for miracles for the people in these hard-hit areas.
• Thank Him for intervening by sending rain and snow to the fire-ravaged Pacific Northwest, California, and Montana. "God, You are the one performing awesome deeds. You reveal Your might among the nations" (Psalm 77:14; ISV).
• Cry out to God for the peacemakers to be raised up in this nation, who will be able to stand in the gap to diffuse any planned violence over the next few months! "Blessed are the peacemakers, for they shall be called the sons of God" (Matthew 5:9; NASB).
• Determine to be a peacemaker yourself. Ask the Lord what you can do now to be an example of God's love, grace, intercession, and peace to those who could be stirred to violence. Don't let the enemy manipulate your family, friends, and colleagues in your community. (To Subscribe to the Elijah List subscribe here.)
May God's grace abound,
Mike and Cindy Jacobs co-founded Generals International in 1985. Mike and Cindy co-host a weekly television program called God Knows that airs in more than 200 nations. Mike and Cindy also provide leadership for the Reformation Prayer Network (RPN), an organization with representatives in each of the fifty United States, working to support and uphold Biblical values through prayer and local action. Cindy is a respected prophet who travels the world, ministering not only to crowds of people but to heads of nations. Mike and Cindy love to travel and speak, but perhaps their favorite past time is spending time with their children, along with their six adorable grandchildren. The Jacobs make their home just outside of Dallas.